May 18, 2020
Re-opening in the “COVID19 Environment” comes with risk.
In order to re-open safely and successfully, there are some important considerations that must be made for the safety of our clients, our staff, our community and our business.
It is critical before we even see our first client, that our business policies and protocols align with the broader goals to protect the health and lives of those in the community we serve.
I am fortunate to have some great contacts in the legal and financial world that were able to answer the questions small business owners in health, wellness and beauty should be considering for re-opening their practice.
Mark Grabas with PUSHOR MITCHELL and I worked together in previous roles dealing with organizational and occupational health, as well as in WCB and WORKSAFEBC initiatives. We discuss important employer/employee considerations for re-opening.
Al Mawji of BMO FINANCIAL GROUP , is a Regional Manager – Healthcare and I also worked together in previous roles for companies in the business of health and we discuss some increased costs to consider in the new COVID19 environment.
Dorin Bogdan Mihalche is a Managing Partner at MMCA and ASSOCIATES and author of “TAX FOR DOCTORS” , a useful guide for practitioners and students. He shares with us the different support programs that are available to business owners and individuals.
Thank you for viewing.
May 30th, 2020
With attendees from across North America and other parts of the world, ranging from physicians, dentists, nurses and investors, it was very encouraging to see that we are all learning as a community of health professionals and business owners on how to re-open safely and successfully.
Our panel of clinical educators and ISPAN and CSASN members delivered some great information and inspiration for practitioners and clinic owners to implement in their own practices.
Using position statements from www.ispan.org and www.csasn.org, our panel of Aesthetic Nurses and Clinic Owners shared how they have re-opened or how they are planning to re-open. Past President of ISPAN and Founding Member of CSASN, Tracey Hotta provides us insight on the work that ISPAN and CSASN have released to assist with considerations for re-opening in the new COVID19 practice and business environment.
Julie Bass Kaplan, of Disappearing Act Laser & Skin Rejuvenation in California shared an excellent concept of identifying the appropriate PPE for the different risk levels of treatments offerred at her clinic.
From British Columbia, Angela Haff of Project Skin MD has been open for 2 weeks and shares how patients have been receiving the changes to the delivery of services with the new COVID19 precautions clinics are incorporating into their practice.
In Alberta, where my practice GLOW MD Clinics is waiting for the green light to re-open, Erin Talbot of Perfexion Skin Care and I discuss where there is some confusion on re-opening and how we are preparing to re-open safely and successfully by learning from our colleagues.
Many of the questions that were submitted during registration were addressed by our panel and it shows that ALL OF US are facing the same struggles and issues with re-opening.
Where there are no clear answers, there can always be innovative ideas learned from our colleagues that work together.
VIDEO LINKS :
- OPERATION RELAUNCH 2020 : PANEL DISCUSSION MAY 7 2020 – PART I
- OPERATION RELAUNCH 2020 : PANEL DISCUSSION MAY 7 2020 – PART II
- OPERATION RELAUNCH 2020 : PANEL DISCUSSION MAY 7 2020 – PART III
- OPERATION RELAUNCH 2020 : PANEL DISCUSSION MAY 7 2020 – PART IV
- “HOW HAIR SALONS WILL BE TRANSFORMED BY THE COVID – 19 EPIDEMIC” – INTERVIEW WITH VAN COUNCIL (Salon Owner in Atlanta, Georgia and Japan)- VOGUE MAGAZINE
- Demonstration of Donning (Putting On) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – This video is intended for healthcare personnel (HCP) caring for patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. It demonstrates one method described in CDC’s infection control guidance for donning (putting on) personal protective equipment (PPE) in healthcare settings.
- COVID-19 & Dentistry: Clinical Update with Dr. Reznik (Chief of Dental Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia) – Henry Schein
- COVID-19: Six Considerations for Independent Practice During a Pandemic – Canadian Nurses Protective Society
- POST COVID-19 PRACTICE RELAUNCH CHECKLIST – CANDELA
- MARKETING CHECKLIST – CANDELA / CLEAN SLATE MARKETING MANAGEMENT
THE OPINIONS SHARED HERE ARE IDEAS, CONCERNS and INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS PROPOSED BY BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE HEALTH, WELLNESS, AND BEAUTY INDUSTRY.
WE AIM TO PROVIDE INFORMATION AND INSPIRATION TO RE-OPEN SAFELY.
AS EACH REGION DIFFERS IN REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND RE-OPENING STRATEGIES : PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR RESPECTIVE REGULATORY BODIES, PUBLIC HEALTH AUTHORITIES, INSURANCE AND LEGAL PROFESSIONALS PRIOR TO IMPLEMENTING ANY OF THE INNOVATIVE IDEAS DISCUSSED IN THESE VIDEOS OR BLOGS.